I suffer from acnes, pimples and lots of break outs and flakyness lately, because i stop using dermatologist products (from dr. Liz house of skincare) for almost 6 month and didn't go facial for almost a year now, also the lazy-ness to wash my face before bed. Bad decision, but i prefer that way so my skin has the chance to regenerate and not depending on the dermatologist products. If i have a major problem on my face then i would give my dermatologist another try, but since i am using that products for years i think i have to find another dermatologist (more expensive ones).
I am totally newbie on ingredients, and currently learning about it, yeah better late than never right?
After doing research and lots of supermarket window shopping, here's what best for my skin right now.
I decided to go for supermarket skincare, because :
* It is easy to find, i don't have to wait for another month to have it on my vanity table
* The products is the "dupe" of high end product that contains one or two good ingredients for my skin, such as Gizi supercream contains seaweed that Lamer also has, but yeah maybe in tiny tiny bit. But hey, i honestly can't affor Lamer right now LOL :D
* Try to keep it affordable and make it into "Cheap but Great" section. Anyway, it's the purpose of the blog yeah?
What is the best way to take care of your skin?
It will be the same all over if you google-d it, allow me to mild reminding you that they are : Cleansing - Moisturizing - Extra Care (cream for acnes, serum, sun screen etc)
2 Viva Lemon Toner - Oil Control and help control acne prone skin
For afternoon usage, if i arrived at home and didn't have to go anywhere else. I noticed if i washed my face more than 2 times a day it got oily but have some dry patches on my cheek, so this is the best way for me. I can clean up the mess (mascara, and make up) before i went to bed with deep cleansing.
2 Sari Ayu Anti Acne Facial Foam
3 RDL Papaya Transparent Soap - Brightening skin
4 Sugar - Exfoliate dead cells
I wash my face depends on my skin condition, as a woman, we ofter get break out if we were having period and we got pimples that annoying, i use Sari Ayu Anti Acne Facial Wash during pimples time, and RDL Soap with sugar on normal condition. I didn't use any of milk cleanser before, just toner after washing my face.
Before you went to sleep make sure to wash over all the dirt and make up that already on your face all day. If you didn't wash your face and sleep right in to it, your pore will clogged and God knows what will come in the morning, yeah hellow pimples :(
1. For me, if i didn't use any make up just loose powder on my face i will go with Viva Milk Cleanser first and then washing my face with the facial cleanser (Sari Ayu during my period time, and if i have tiny pimples on me), on regular day i will use the RDL Soap with sugar and Viva Lemon toner afterward.
2. If i used make up such as foundation and so, i will first cleanse it with Viva Yoghurt cleansing milk, Kose Softymo Cleansing Oil, then wash my face with Sari Ayu/RDL with sugar (depends on the skin condition as explained in #1), and Viva Lemon toner after.
We have to used toner,after washing our face and before we put moisturizer or serum or night cream to our face, because when we washed our face some might stay, and it helps clean out the stain from our milk cleanser or soap that we used previously, drying the skin in order to reduce the oil, also to help the skin to prepare to receiving the cream (moisturizer, sun screen, etc) that we are gonna use after.
Toner is also to tighten or close the pore after washing our face, and it has the capability to absorb to our skin better than cream, so it's good if you have dark spot and pimples it can help to reduce it.
Some uses astringent instead, from what i understand (CMIIW), the different is depends on the skin type, astringent is often used for those who has oily, acneic, normal, or combination skin type because astringent contains alcohol. And even though some of this toner contains alcohol also, toner fits best to those who has dry, sun damaged, or sensitive because astringent will makes your skin even dry-er.
2 Wardah Sun Screen Gel
3 Vitacid 0.025
4 Gizi Super Cream (New packaging)
After i washed my face and toner, i use the Sari Ayu Putih Langsat, wait for it to absorb, and then using the Wardah Sun Screen Gel, wait for it to absorb. And then i can go straight with my vanity, make up or no make up depends on the mood and occasion.
After i washed my face and toner, i used Vitacid 0.025 for my acne and (it claims) to reduce the dark spot, followed with Gizi Super Cream.
Egyptian Magic Cream|
That's it. And it work best on my face for now, i'm curious to peek on your skin care regime also. Post it for me pretty please? Cheers :)