I personally wanna joint the Advanced class, but the timing wasn't right so i got myself enrolled in Intermediate class.
The venue was held in Tupperware House,in Kebayoran Baru Jakarta Selatan. I love the place, it was homey and colourful, also they got a nive garden in the back yard for just chilling and chatting with friends. The ballroom, where the event took place was not big but comfy enough for us.
The event was a bit late, because maybe it's hard to find the place for some people. Like me, i got my taxi driver ask for the direction twice because i'm not familiar at all with Jakarta's road and so was my taxi driver apparently haha... I meet some of FD member there, and mba Vanya and mba Lena (FD moderator). They're nice, and greeting us nicely. The other member that also joint this class, maybe they are old FD members they seems to know each other for a long time. It's kinda hard to communicate with them because they maybe use this event to greet each other and we're all focussing on the class. Too bad actually, because i was so excited to get to know other members. So we can share lots more about beauty not only in cyber world. But hey, i can always share and talk with them on thread :)
The intermediate class has 2 session because there's so many people enrolled and got to waiting list. And thanks to FD moderator, they held another session of this class so many people can learn too. Good job mba, waiting for another event to take place. I'm so in ^^
This class is about 3 hours, and each table were consist of 3-5 people and assist by make up artist from Adeline Team which mba Arty W. as the main speaker on the class is part of the team. Our table (me, novia, and citra) was assist by mba Fifi, she's great and our table was kinda fast (i don't know if this is a good thing or not, because i took a sneak peak on other's table and other make up artist is talking a lot, giving tips). But i learned a lot tho, and quite satisfied with the assistance of mba Fifi. And she is focussing more on citra and novi which i'm glad to see how she did their make up, i learned some techniques from how she did their make up.
We were asked to bring our own make up stuff, but not really necessary (in our convenience) because the tools and make up products the make up artist already prepared for us. Mba Fifi give us tips on applying foundation, step by step make up (which first primer or base, etc), how to apply falsies and eye shadow also we can asked a lot and she was really patient in replying. I did my face for almost 10 years tho' so the question i asked is just confirming if my techniques already correct, i'm not saying i'm good don't get me wrong but i know my face already. If i joined advanced make up clas maybe i'm the most idiotic person in the room hahaha....
And i get used to did my make up in hectic situation sometimes i only got 5 or 10 minutes to get my face and hair done plus change outfit, so given a long time to make up i ended up watching others and i love it, how people turns from natural look to party look and dramatically transformed by just using falsies.
After the class was finished, there was a demo from Tupperware (which i have to apologize i didn't pay much attention because i was organizing back my stuff to my traincase :D), and doorprize yehaaa.... 6 question and prizes was given. I won two hair mask from Rudy Hadisuwarno ginseng and sunflower, anddd *drum roll* a KABUKI BRUSH courtesy of Juleha's Shop
|not try this brush yet, but i touched it and it was so soft, i'm in love...|
After the class finished, we went downstairs the moderators already prepare us some snacks and drinks. We also didn't have much time to chit chat because the second session is about to took place, and after drinking and saying good bye to other members we leave the place.
What i love about this event are :
- It's an annual event, and the history of this event (told by mba Vanya is kinda great. The older Fd member wants to learn more about make up and they held this event on their own and let the moderators know so the moderators contacted Mr. Darwyn Tse -MAC Make up artist- to assist them), also there's saveral classes so you can improve your techiques each year and see how far you develop.
- The speaker is so talented and master in their world, we're in good hands :)
- The moderators are very friendly, and doing everything to make you comfy and make sure you got what you need. (ex, mba Lena lend us mirror because the one we bring wasn't big enough)
- Checking on each member to see how this Kelas Dandan is usefull or not to each of us. And asking feedback, whether we're able to use this tips that we got daily.
- Lots of doorprize :D
- Have more time to chit chat with other's member, which this is a huge possibility, mba Vanya told us not to hesitate if we're gonna do any event, FD will be happy to helped. I'm thinking of gathering and talked about fashion and make up from high fashion to products to cheat on (for us student's sometimes we can't afford those mio's clothes and bags), i'd like to make friends hehehe..
- This Kelas dandan is so good, but after advanced class what else? It'll be nice if there's more possibilities, and i know FD's moderators already think of this, yes there'll be new members each years and people that have no clue to do their make up.But for us that already joined all of the class, please consider us and give us more to learn hehehe... maybe beauty class as contest? I'll leave it to the moderators hahaha..(other's event like those financial is great also tho') I just really looking forward to another event of FD :)
- And maybe this Kelas Dandan can be held twice a year? Not become annually event anymore *i wish*
- Also for outside Jakarta's members. I know some that really really wanna joint this event, is it a possibility in the future to throw this event outside Jakarta? We got sheLLey in Surabaya and Fifi in Yogyakarta, they can be speakers, they're so talented :) Just an idea tho' why not recreate the history, some members gathering and talk about FD and post it.
|Fresh from the oven -with flash|
|no flash still inside the class|
|after 3 hours, outdoor - with flash|
|no flash (sorry for the lips, just had lunch and lazy to touch up)|
What did i used? Except the Shu Uemura eyebrow pencil that i wore on my right eyebrow and stippling brush for finishing, also Bobbi Brown rouge pot for my lips, everything else is my own stuff, because i wanna create the look with affordable products of my own. Because i can't wear hers everyday if i wanna do my make up unless i rob her hahaha... and i can't afford those line yet :) she uses Make Up Forever and Bobbi Brown a lot, almost everything is Make Up Forever.
This is the exact step that she teach us, what first to do!
maybelline bb cream followed by PAC creamy foundie no 4
coastal scent concealer for under eye
marcks loose powder in creme
pixy pencil eyeliner in black
falsies (apply with eye putti glue)
eyebrow pencil (shu uemura and inez) click here for detail, why i used both
inez eye shadow
inez eye liner pencil in white for my water line - i added this on my own, i like it this way
evany senses mascara in black for my lower lashline - i added this on my own
Bobbi Brown rouge pot -forgot the shade, sorry
sponge for foundie
for concealer i used my finger
elf defining eye shadow brush
coastal scent brush for contouring the nose
unbranded lip brush
curler for my lashes before i apply falsies
Thank You for keep reading, feel free to ask or comment or anything. See you around fabulous ladies ^^